The previous year we didn’t see the kind of traffic increase we were hoping for when looking at organic traffic or conversions brought in year over year. For the most part, we were only focusing on updating technical issues such as broken pages and missing meta descriptions. We realized we’d need to be more tactical about where we want to see the changes and focus on improving traffic to those pages.
The first thing we did was work on site speed, because no matter what we did to the website, recent Google algorithm updates would make sure it didn’t make a difference if the website couldn’t load fast enough (insert stat about attention spans).
We wanted to focus on improving ranking for keywords that would have the highest conversion rate. In our experience that was keywords that focused on services and serviced areas.
We started with creating location pages (Pleasantville, Ventnor, & Linwood ) to get in front of potential customers in the area without general services first. Then we moved to service pages that were the most relevant at the time, AC page (main ac, ac instillation, ac repair)
• During this time (Q2-Q3), we saw goals increase by 223.31% (430 vs 133). Which is great to see because that means we were bringing in converting traffic.
• New users increased by 99.61% - bringing in new, relevant traffic.
• Overall users increased by 94.80% - bringing back existing traffic as well as new traffic.
• Understanding our clients industries and seasons are key to creating effective plans
• There’s never just one easy fix to improving organic conversions - sometimes we need to look at multiple avenues.
Contact our award-winning marketing team to get started on the right path