Home service companies offer many essential and much-needed services to homeowners. The problem is, they’re met with a sea of competition doing the same thing. While word of mouth is a great tactic, it’s outdated and can be debilitating if your business isn’t ready to try something new. So, how do you stand out from your competitors besides offering exceptional customer service and incredible craftsmanship? Utilizing local SEO solutions! beMarketing, the premier SEO marketing agency in the Greater Philadelphia area, is here to share the top home services SEO strategies built for home service businesses.
What Is Local SEO?
To fully apply this strategy, it’s best to understand what SEO means first. SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of improving your website to increase its visibility when people search for services related to your business in a search engine. The better visibility your website has on a search engine page, the more likely you are to attract the attention of potential customers. Search engines, like Google, now consider where you are located when you run a search. So, now when you type in “Italian restaurant”, you no longer need to include “near me” or “nearby”.
Generally, for your home service business to make it to the first page of a search engine, you need to use a few critical tools. Having an easy-to-navigate and optimized website, creating a Google Business Profile, and creating and engaging with customers through social media are all great starting points to improve your local SEO rankings. While many of these things you can do yourself, maintaining your web presence to constantly fit the ever-changing algorithms can be headache-inducing. That’s why employing an SEO marketing agency might be a great idea. An agency has the necessary tools and strategies to improve your rankings on a search engine and help you reach new customers.
Digital Marketing for Home Services
For your home service business, local SEO marketing can help in several ways, including:
- Boosting online visibility
- Increasing local sales
- Outranking your competition
- Generating more website traffic
Local SEO is one of the most powerful tools to grow your business, outrank your competitors, gain more website traffic, and increase your sales.
So now that you know what local SEO is and what it can do for your home service business, it’s time to look at the components that make up local SEO:
- Google Business Profile – A Google Business Profile houses crucial information about your business, like your website URL, your name, photos and videos, phone numbers, and business hours. Optimizing your GBP is one of the most effective ways to attract visitors to your business. Ensure company information is filled out, you include a keyword-driven description, your NAP (name, address, phone number) is consistently listed across the internet, you have photos of your business, you have quality reviews, and you interact with your GBP often.
- Web design – Your website is often a potential customer’s first impression of your business. Ensure your website is modern, fast, and easy to navigate. Include SEO-rich content like relevant keywords, SEO-friendly URLs, optimized meta descriptions and images, and appropriate backlinks.
- Social media marketing – Your social campaigns should include strategic keywords and targeting tactics to help customers find your business.
Award-Winning Local SEO Services from the Hive
Digital marketing for your home service business can help take you to the top of a search page! At beMarketing, our team of SEO specialists knows the right strategies to implement, which results in better visibility online, and an increase in website visitors, leads, and new customers. If your current processes are old and outdated, we can help take your home service business to the next level. Contact us today to get started on a project.